Thursday, July 28, 2011

Klein Karoo and Mossel Bay

This past weekend I went to the Klein Karoo region, there were a lot of ostrich farms and some really cool caves, but i'm getting ahead of myself. It all started on thursday when I went to surf. I got an amazing wave and rode it all the way to the shore. My friend and co-worker Werner told be that I would have a dream about surfing after riding a great wave.

That night I had a dream that I was in Acapulco and I was surfing with a lot of people. Someone threw a bunch of hay into the water and it took the shape of a wave, froze in place and everyone took pictures of it. I know it doesn't make sense but it was really cool because it was about surfing..

Friday Werner and I went surfing again but the swell was pretty small. Oh well, it was a good paddling session. Then we picked Matt up, ate at an Indian restaurant and went to see a movie in Afrikaans called Roepman. (the Callman). No, I'm not fluent in Afrikaans yet! The movie had subtitles.

Saturday we started the trip. We went to the Cango Caves and saw some awesome Stalactites and Stalagmites  


Under construction - meanwhile here are some pictures!
Nature's Valley

Fynbos Protea (or as I would call it - Tortilla)

Mussels at J-bay

Interesting sea life

Take care of the wild penguins

The organ

Leaning tower of Pisa


Don't remember how this one was called but it was huge!

Enormous cave

They are very good racers

I was hoping to have a big omelet for breakfast

Bartolomeu Dias' ship replica

Whale's skeleton

Putu Pap - Cornmeal, milk, butter,sugar - Lekker!

Pokercito at work

No comments:

Post a Comment